The eye asanas will be used in my practice forever.
Yandara's Bhakti &Mantra Training is an elective part of our 300hr Teacher Training Program. You are also welcome to attend just this module as a regenerative retreat or continuing education course. During these 9 days we will explore the practices and philosophy of Bhakti Yoga and the art of Mantra! This retreat-style training will be healing and nurturing for the body, mind and heart. We will prioritize the cultivation of a calmer state of being through daily regenerative practices and activities.
Total All-Inclusive Cost: $1,550
Tuition, meals and accommodation in one of our deluxe tents are included. Airport transportation and study materials are not included in the price. Canadian residence may be eligible for an "exchange rate" scholarship, contact us for details. For more accommodation options please see the bottom of our Baja Training Programs pages. If you wish to bring your own tent, a discount of $75 USD off tuition will be given.
Upcoming Bhakti & Mantra Yoga Courses
*Please note, the travel days are the first and last day of the posted training dates. Please schedule your arrival/departure accordingly.
- Prerequisite: If you intend to complete your 300-hour certification, a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate from Yandara yoga Institute, or other Yoga Alliance approved 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training is required. We also welcome all serious yoga students/teachers who are interested in further study even if you don’t intend to complete a 300-hour certification.
- Preparatory Study: Purchase, read and contemplate on "Be Here Now" by Ram Dass.
- Contact hours: 90 hours
- Non-contact hours: 10 hours (to be fulfilled by home study)
- What is Bhakti Yoga
- Sanskrit Mantra and Kirtan
- Sargam - Indian Musical Notation - discover your SA (voice foundation note)
- Instrument Classes - harmonium, shruti box, tamboura, dotar, sitar, dilruba, kartals, drums
- Sound Healing with Tibetan Bowls and Bells
- Ancient Yogic Texts and Stories
- The History and Development of Bhakti Yoga
- The Relationship of Guru (teacher) and Shishya (student)
- Mudra, Mudra Meditation Kriya, Nyasa (blessing of the physical body)
- Puja (ceremony) and Arati (offering light with a traditional Indian oil lamp)
- Sacred food - learn a chant to bless your food and learn to prepare prasadam - blessed food.