Baja Photo Gallery
A 9 DAY ADVANCED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING (500 HR LEVEL) in baja, mexico
Yandara's Meditation & Sound Bath Training is an elective part of our Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program. You are also welcome to attend just this module as a regenerative retreat or continuing education course! During these 9 days we will explore the four pillars of meditation and the healing power of sound! This retreat-stye training will be nurturing for body, mind and heart. We will prioritize the cultivation of a calmer state of being through daily regenerative practices and activities.
Learn to master and teach various meditation techniques, including yoga as meditation in motion. We will draw on the traditions of Kundalini Yoga, Hatha Yoga, Buddhism, Vipassana, QiGong, and more.
Get ready for a journey into the heart and soul of your being. This training retreat is designed to cultivate a heightened awareness of the present moment and give you the tools to become a masterful meditation practitioner and a successful instructor. You will learn techniques from the 4 cornerstones of meditation: Energized Movement, such as Kundalini Yoga kriyas, QiGong, and Hatha Yoga to charge the body and breath; Present Moment Anchoring to still the mind; Focused Intention to find clarity; and Sound and Mantra to take the mind to a state beyond the ordinary.
During this retreat and teacher training module we will explore techniques from the Kundalini Yoga tradition. Kundalini Yoga is often more specific than your typical yoga class; rather than focusing on physical alignment the kriyas work on raising and organizing energy to bring you to a state of greater awareness. It includes energizing movement, powerful breath-work, heart-opening chants, and many sweet and deeply relaxing moments in between.
Experience how sound can guide us on the journey of self discovery! A Sound Bath is a dreamy experience where planetary tuning forks, Tibetan singing bowls, crystal bowls, gongs, and other instruments are played intuitively. A Sound Bath promotes deep relaxation and peace. It brings a contemplative inner awareness of the now and helps to open the body’s energetic system. Enjoy and learn to create a transformative Sound Bath experience!
This training retreat is ideal for those want to advance their yoga teaching career and certification and also for those who simply want to deepen their own personal practice.
- Dates: TBD (April/May 2018)
- Prerequisite: If you intend to complete your 300-hour certification, a 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate from Yandara yoga Institute, or other Yoga Alliance approved 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training is required. We also welcome all serious yoga students/teachers who are interested in further study even if you don’t intend to complete a 300-hour certification.
- Contact hours: 90 hours
- Non-contact hours: 10 hours (fulfilled by home study projects)
- Preparatory Study: Purchase and read ”Vedantic Meditation” by David Frawley, and ”Essential Kundalini Yoga” by Virginia Karena and Dharm Khalsa.
- Cost: The Cost for this retreat-style teacher training is $1,550 USD. Tuition, meals and accommodation are included. Airport transportation and study materials are not included in the price. Canadian residence may be eligible for an "exchange rate" scholarship. Contact us for details.
*Please note, the travel days are the first and last day of the posted training dates. Please schedule your arrival/departure accordingly.
Mexico is one of the safest travel destinations, to find out more click here.
At our Baja, Mexico location we offer a few different choices for accommodation.
Deluxe TentsThe majority of yogis that attend our Teacher Training choose to stay in our deluxe tents. These are big tents that most people are able to stand up in. Each tent has a normal twin size bed and mattress, a small set of drawers and a lamp. Bed linens are provided, but we do not provide a bath towel. Comfortable and yet still close to nature. We like to call it luxury camping. For couples we can offer a larger tent with a larger bed. We have 6 bathrooms and 5 showers on our campus.
The Yandara cabana has a full size bed. This cabana does have a private bathroom.