A 9 DAY ADVANCED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING (500 HR LEVEL) in baja, mexico
Yandara's Yin & Restorative Training is an elective part of our Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program. You are also welcome to attend just this module as a regenerative retreat or continuing education course. During these 9 days we will explore the principals and philosophy of Yin and Restorative Yoga! The 9 days we spend together will be healing and nurturing for the body, mind and heart. We will prioritize the cultivation of a calmer state of being through daily regenerative practices and activities.
Total All-Inclusive Cost: $1,550
Tuition, meals and accommodation in one of our deluxe tents are included. Airport transportation and study materials are not included in the price. Canadian residence may be eligible for an "exchange rate" scholarship, contact us for details. For more accommodation options please see the bottom of our Baja Training Programs pages. If you wish to bring your own tent, a discount of $75 USD off tuition will be given.
Upcoming Yin & Restorative Yoga Courses
*Please note, the travel days are the first and last day of the posted training dates. Please schedule your arrival/departure accordingly.
Allison Eaton teaches Yandara's Yin and Restorative programs together with Mercy Ananda and Yandara guest teachers Aaron Reed and Kim Wexman.
Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga are gentle, regenerative practices where all the poses are done on the floor, supported by props, to encourage deep relaxation, a natural opening of the joints and optimal energy flow through the body.
This slow, healing practice is a journey into the heart and soul of your being. It naturally cultivates inner listening, heightened awareness, compassion and acceptance for who you are and where you are in each moment of life.
Our focus is on both Yin and Restorative yoga. You will learn how to effectively teach these two distinct styles. To balance the yin and yang energies, this training also includes one yang-style, flowing asana class daily.
Join us as we let go, relax and breathe our way to optimal health and wellness. The Yin-Restorative Yoga Training is ideal for those want to advance their yoga teaching career and certification and also for those who simply want to deepen their own personal practice.
Topics Explored in the Yin-Restorative Yoga Training:
- Yin Yoga Principles and Practice
- Yin Yoga Postures
- The Difference Between Yin and Restorative Yoga
- Restorative Yoga Principles and Practice
- Restorative Yoga Postures
- Structuring a Class and Effective Sequencing
- Sequencing for Organ Health
- Exploring Props, Variations and Hands-On-Adjustments
- Yin Yoga Anatomy
- The Science of Stress and the Relaxation Response
- Subtle Body Anatomy - deepening the connection to our vital energy (Prana), body centers (chakras) and energy channels (nadis/meridians)
- Chinese Meridian Theory
- Incorporating Pranayama within the Yin /Restorative Practice
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Intuitive Practice and Teaching
- The Yin Yoga Teacher as a Spiritual Guide
- The Cosmic DJ - the art of using music in your Yin/Restorative class
- Yin Desserts - incorporating subtle energy assists, sound and color healing, aroma therapy, crystal healing, mantras, mudras, poetry and ancient yogic teachings (inspired by tantra, bhakti and universal wisdom)
The lead teacher of the Yin-Restorative Yoga training is Allison Eaton
, E-RYT500. Allison is an international teacher of Yin, Restorative and Vinyasa Yoga, as well as reiki (hands-on healing) and meditation. She teaches yoga teacher trainings and reiki certification trainings worldwide. Allison is the author of the yandara Asana Manual and the Reiki Flow Manuals. She is a devotional singer and musician and is featured in the guided meditation album, "Sat Nam".
Allison is known to draw the authentic self out of her students, empowering them to practice and teach from the heart. Her teaching style is supported by extensive background training in Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Iyengar, Bhakti, and Meditation. A healthy balance of Yang Flow Yoga and Yin Restorative Yoga is a central focus of her training style.
Read more about Allison here
- Prerequisite: 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training certificate from Yandara Yoga or other Yoga Alliance approved Yoga Teacher Training for those who wish to fulfil 100 hours toward their 300 hour certification. Prerequisites of 6 months of yoga practice for those who simply want to deepen their practice with this training.
- Preparatory Study: Purchase and read "The Relaxation Response" by Herbert Benson, and "The Woman's Book of Yoga and Health" by Linda Sparrows and Patricia Walden. All participants are required to attend at least 5 Yin or Restorative classes/videos before coming to the training.
- Contact hours: 90 hours
- Non-contact hours: 10 hours (to be fulfilled by home study)