The eye asanas will be used in my practice forever.
A 16 DAY YOGA TEACHER TRAINING in baja, mexicoYandara's Yin - Restorative - Bhakti Yoga Training is 200 hour yoga alliance certified. You are also welcome to attend this program as a regenerative retreat or continuing education course. During these 16 days we will explore the principals and philosophy of Yin and Restorative Yoga, as well as the fundamentals of Bhakti Yoga. The time we spend together will be healing and nurturing for the body, mind and heart. We will prioritize the cultivation of a calmer state of being through daily regenerative practices and activities.
Yin and Restorative Yoga
Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga are gentle, regenerative practices where all the poses are done on the floor, supported by props, to encourage deep relaxation, a natural opening of the joints and optimal energy flow through the body.
This slow, healing practice is a journey into the heart and soul of your being. It naturally cultivates inner listening, heightened awareness, compassion and acceptance for who you are and where you are in each moment of life.
Our focus is on both Yin and Restorative yoga. You will learn how to effectively teach these two distinct styles.
Join us as we let go, relax and breathe our way to optimal health and wellness. The Yin-Restorative Yoga Training is ideal for those want to advance their yoga teaching career and certification and also for those who simply want to deepen their own personal practice.
Topics Explored in the Yin-Restorative Yoga Training:
- Yin Yoga Principles and Practice
- Yin Yoga Postures
- The Difference Between Yin and Restorative Yoga
- Restorative Yoga Principles and Practice
- Restorative Yoga Postures
- Structuring a Class and Effective Sequencing
- Sequencing for Organ Health
- Exploring Props, Variations and Hands-On-Adjustments
- Yin Yoga Anatomy
- The Science of Stress and the Relaxation Response
- Subtle Body Anatomy - deepening the connection to our vital energy (Prana), body centers (chakras) and energy channels (nadis/meridians)
- Chinese Meridian Theory
- Incorporating Pranayama within the Yin /Restorative Practice
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Intuitive Practice and Teaching
- The Yin Yoga Teacher as a Spiritual Guide
- The Cosmic DJ - the art of using music in your Yin/Restorative class
- Yin Desserts - incorporating subtle energy assists, sound and color healing, aroma therapy, crystal healing, mantras, mudras, poetry and ancient yogic teachings (inspired by tantra, bhakti and universal wisdom)
Allison is known to draw the authentic self out of her students, empowering them to practice and teach from the heart. Her teaching style is supported by extensive background training in Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Iyengar, Bhakti, and Meditation. A healthy balance of Yang Flow Yoga and Yin Restorative Yoga is a central focus of her training style.
Read more about Allison here.
Aaron Reed will be guest teaching the Yin and Restorative program together with Allison.
Born from a deep desire to feel and express ones relationship to the divine, Bhakti Yoga offers a way to connect the spiritual heart with everyday life experience.
Become part of the global Bhakti Yoga community. Together we will explore many different devotional practices. You will learn to share traditional as well as contemporary mantras and kirtan. If you enjoy playing any kirtan instrument, such as harmonium, shruti box, tamboura, or guitar, bring it and learn to play mantras/kirtans.
Learn how Bhakti developed in the yogic tradition, participate in study groups to discuss and apply the wisdom from ancient Yogic texts, such as the Bhagavad Gita, Narada's Bhakti Sutras, and the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra. Learn how to use a mala (prayer/meditaiton beads), perform a simple puja (ceremony), and mudras to enhance your bhakti practices. We will share mythological stories about Gods and Goddesses, and find out about the origin and stories behind many of the mantras and asanas. We will familiarize with the Bhakti Yogis of India, such as Ananda Mayi Ma, Sri Caitanya and the wandering mystic Mirabai.
Heal and unravel your heart's radiant nature. Bhakti is a world of overflowing love, Yoga's sweetest path to enlightenment. Through Ishvarapranidhana - love and reverence for the essence of life - we look forward to support you in your individual expression of Bhakti Yoga.
The lead teacher of the Bhakti Yoga training in Bali is Mercy Ananda (M.A., E-RYT500). Mercy Ananda is a highly trained musician and a certified sound healer. She performs on the many kirtan albums produced by the Mount Madonna Center, Hanuman Fellowship. She is a member of the Sacred Sound Choir with Karuna Ault, and chants on their "Mahamrityunjaya Healing Mantra" album. Mercy also performs on many other kirtan albums, including the "Shri Ram Jaya Ram" album by Shri Anandi Ma.
Mercy has a daily bhakti yoga sadhana of asana, meditation and mantra. Through her love of Bhakti yoga she has participated in the satsangs of teachers such as Baba Hari Das, Sri Satchidananda, Anandi Ma, Sri Karunamayi, and Sri Mata Amritanandamayi.
Mercy believes that "Bhakti Yoga creates a presence and resonance of healing and love." She is an experienced certified Yoga Teacher and express her service through the sharing her heartfelt love of Yoga with her students.
The lead teachers of the Bhakti Yoga training in Hawaii are Daniel "Bolo" Prather and April Duarte. Bolo and April are long time devoted yogis and kirtan musicians and play in Yandara's house band, "Jaya".
Bolo began his Yoga Teacher training in 1972 with Yogi Bhajan. For more than 35 years, he has been a yoga teacher and workshop leader. He lived at Yogi Bhajan's ashram in Marine, California, and with Baba Hari Das at Mount Madonna Center. Baba Hari Das initiated him into the classical teachings of Ashtanga Yoga and he studied in depth yoga philosophy, led kirtan, cooked for hundreds of retreats, and performed annually - for more than 20 years - in the play of the epic yogic story "Ramayana". Bolo is a singer, songwriter, poet, story teller, and chef on the yogic path.
April's yoga training began in 1973 with a remarkable teacher in high school. April has since studied the teachings of Thich Nhat Hanh, Swami Muktananada, Vivekananda, Yogananda, and Eckhart Tolle.
In Hawaii, the Bhakti portion of the program is called "Bhakti Village", it is designed to be a collective experience of living a bhakti yoga lifestyle.
- Program Dates: August 7 to 22, 2017, Bali; October 14 to 29, 2017, Hawaii.
- Prerequisite: 6-12 months of regular yoga practice. If you already hold a 200 hr yoga alliance certification, 100 hrs from this program can be used towards your advanced 300 hr certification with Yandara.
- Preparatory Study: Purchase and read "The Relaxation Response" by Herbert Benson, "The Woman's Book of Yoga and Health" by Linda Sparrows and Patricia Walden, and "Be Here Now" by Ram Dass. All participants are required to attend at least 5 Yin or Restorative classes/videos before coming to the training.
- Contact hours: 180 hours
- Non-contact hours: 20 hours (to be fulfilled by home study)
- Program Cost: $2,970 USD. All of our trainings include food and accommodation.