A 10 DAY ADVANCED YOGA TEACHER TRAINING (500 HR LEVEL) in baja, mexico
Yandara's Yin - Restorative - Bhakti Yoga Training is an elective part of our Advanced Yoga Teacher Training Program. You are also welcome to attend just this module as a regenerative retreat or continuing education course. During these 10 days we will explore the principals and philosophy of Yin and Restorative Yoga, as well as the fundamentals of Bhakti Yoga. The 10 days we spend together will be healing and nurturing for the body, mind and heart. We will prioritize the cultivation of a calmer state of being through daily regenerative practices and activities.
Yin and Restorative Yoga
Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga are gentle, regenerative practices where all the poses are done on the floor, supported by props, to encourage deep relaxation, a natural opening of the joints and optimal energy flow through the body.
This slow, healing practice is a journey into the heart and soul of your being. It naturally cultivates inner listening, heightened awareness, compassion and acceptance for who you are and where you are in each moment of life.
Our focus is on both Yin and Restorative yoga. You will learn how to effectively teach these two distinct styles. To balance the yin and yang energies, this training also includes one yang-style, flowing asana class daily.
Join us as we let go, relax and breathe our way to optimal health and wellness. The Yin-Restorative Yoga Training is ideal for those want to advance their yoga teaching career and certification and also for those who simply want to deepen their own personal practice.
Topics Explored in the Yin-Restorative Yoga Training:
- Yin Yoga Principles and Practice
- Yin Yoga Postures
- The Difference Between Yin and Restorative Yoga
- Restorative Yoga Principles and Practice
- Restorative Yoga Postures
- Structuring a Class and Effective Sequencing
- Sequencing for Organ Health
- Exploring Props, Variations and Hands-On-Adjustments
- Yin Yoga Anatomy
- The Science of Stress and the Relaxation Response
- Subtle Body Anatomy - deepening the connection to our vital energy (Prana), body centers (chakras) and energy channels (nadis/meridians)
- Chinese Meridian Theory
- Incorporating Pranayama within the Yin /Restorative Practice
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Intuitive Practice and Teaching
- The Yin Yoga Teacher as a Spiritual Guide
- The Cosmic DJ - the art of using music in your Yin/Restorative class
- Yin Desserts - incorporating subtle energy assists, sound and color healing, aroma therapy, crystal healing, mantras, mudras, poetry and ancient yogic teachings (inspired by tantra, bhakti and universal wisdom)
The lead teacher of the Yin-Restorative Yoga training is Allison Eaton
, E-RYT500. Allison is an international teacher of Yin, Restorative and Vinyasa Yoga, as well as reiki (hands-on healing) and meditation. She teaches yoga teacher trainings and reiki certification trainings worldwide. Allison is the author of the yandara Asana Manual and the Reiki Flow Manuals. She is a devotional singer and musician and is featured in the guided meditation album, "Sat Nam".
Allison is known to draw the authentic self out of her students, empowering them to practice and teach from the heart. Her teaching style is supported by extensive background training in Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin, Restorative, Iyengar, Bhakti, and Meditation. A healthy balance of Yang Flow Yoga and Yin Restorative Yoga is a central focus of her training style.
Read more about Allison here
will be guest teaching the Yin and Restorative program together with Allison.
Born from a deep desire to feel and express ones relationship to the divine, Bhakti Yoga offers a way to connect the spiritual heart with everyday life experience.
Become part of the global Bhakti Yoga community. Together we will explore many different devotional practices. You will learn to share traditional as well as contemporary mantras and kirtans. You will receive personal instruction on how to play Indian Bhakti Yoga instruments, such as harmonium, sitar, tamboura, shruti box, drums, and kartals. Instruments will be provided or you can bring your own, if you enjoy playing the guitar, bring it and learn to play mantras/kirtans.
Learn how Bhakti developed in the yogic tradition, participate in study groups to discuss and apply the wisdom from ancient Yogic texts, such as the Bhagavad Gita, Narada's Bhakti Sutras, and the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra. Learn and share mythological stories about Gods and Goddesses, and find out about the origin and stories behind many of the mantras and asanas. Become familiar with the Bhakti Yogis of India, such as Ananda Mayi Ma, Sri Caitanya and the wandering mystic Mirabai.
Heal and unravel your heart's radiant nature. Bhakti is a world of overflowing love, Yoga's sweetest path to enlightenment. Through Ishvarapranidhana - love and reverence for the essence of life - we look forward to support you in your individual expression of Bhakti Yoga.
Topics Explored in the Bhakti Yoga Training:
- What is Bhakti Yoga
- Sanskrit Mantra and Kirtan
- Sargam - Indian Musical Notation - discover your SA (voice foundation note)
- Instrument Classes - harmonium, shruti box, tamboura, dotar, sitar, dilruba, kartals, drums
- Sound Healing with Tibetan Bowls and Bells
- Ancient Yogic Texts and Stories
- The History and Development of Bhakti Yoga
- The Relationship of Guru (teacher) and Shishya (student)
- Mudra, Mudra Meditation Kriya, Nyasa (blessing of the physical body)
- Puja (ceremony) and Arati (offering light with a traditional Indian oil lamp)
- Sacred food - learn a chant to bless your food and learn to prepare prasadam - blessed food.
The lead teacher of the Bhakti Yoga training is Mercy Ananda (M.A., E-RYT500). Mercy Ananda performs on the many kirtan albums produced by the Mount Madonna Center, Hanuman Fellowship. She is a member of the Sacred Sound Choir with Karuna Ault, and chants on their "Mahamrityunjaya Healing Mantra" album. Mercy also performs on many other kirtan albums, including the "Shri Ram Jaya Ram" album by Shri Anandi Ma.
Mercy has a daily bhakti yoga sadhana of asana, meditation and mantra. Through her love of Bhakti yoga she has p articipated in the satsangs of teachers such as Baba Hari Das, Sri Satchidananda, Anandi Ma, Sri Karunamayi, and Sri Mata Amritanandamayi.
Mercy Ananda received a Bachelor's Degree in Music, with classical violin focus, from UCSC in 2003. In 2005 she completed an M.A. in Music Composition, focusing on Ethnic and East Indian Music. She studied classical East Indian music with Maestros Ali Akbar Khan and Deepak Ram. She plays harmonium and several traditional devotional instruments, including the sitar, and has lead satsangs for over 25 years.
Mercy believes that "Bhakti Yoga creates a presence and resonance of healing and love." She is an experienced certified Yoga Teacher and express her service through the sharing her heartfelt love of Yoga with her students.
- Program Dates: March 31 to April 9, 2017
- Prerequisite: 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training certificate from Yandara Yoga or other Yoga Alliance approved Yoga Teacher Training for those who wish to fulfil 100 hours toward their 300 hour certification. Prerequisites of 6 months of yoga practice for those who simply want to deepen their practice with this training.
- Preparatory Study: Purchase and read "The Relaxation Response" by Herbert Benson, "The Woman's Book of Yoga and Health" by Linda Sparrows and Patricia Walden, and "Be Here Now" by Ram Dass. All participants are required to attend at least 5 Yin or Restorative classes/videos before coming to the training.
- Contact hours: 90 hours
- Non-contact hours: 10 hours (to be fulfilled by home study)
- Program Cost: $1,550 USD. All of our trainings include food and accommodation in one of our deluxe tents with bed. For more accommodation options please see the bottom of our Baja Training Programs pages. If you wish to bring your own tent, a discount of $75 USD off tuition will be given.
**Reiki Level III/Master Training is held on Nov. 13, 2016, directly after the Yin /Bhakti Training and before the 300hr Core Module. Please see the Reiki page for more information.